Wednesday, September 2, 2009

'SUMMER'-izing Summer '09
















Where do they go, those lazy, hazy, crazy days of Summer? We began with the joyous new birth; our 5th grandchild Jaden James Rich, born to Coby and Tiffany on June 30th. From there we enjoyed some wonderful weekends at the lake, including a JEMCO family reunion and a Sternling R. and Beth P. Rich Reunion. The 'Alaska Cruise' was a highlight, along with more baby news, announced to Jim and I in the celestial room of the Jordan River Temple. Yes, Bob and Sara are expecting February 26th, 2010! Of course, first we have to hear the 'surprise' news from Ben and Whitney in November. (the surprise is the baby's sex)! Jim and I also just enjoyed a Pocock Family Reunion in Rexburg (Beth's family) where we learned the ropes of 'choke-cherry picking' and enjoyed getting to better know Jim's cousins. Now we're into September, and although Fall is not yet 'in the air', we know it's coming - as life seems to race faster and faster each year. This month will also mark the passing of our darling, sweet Jackie. We miss him and often feel him so near. Wish our eyes were more 'spiritual' to really see him, but our faith is steady in the knowledge that we will again someday! Here are a few picture highlights of the last few months!

1 comment:

Melanie Bingham said...

Congrats on the new babies! and babies on their way! I was signing forms for the kids to get medical attention while we are out of town etc. etc. and I thought I remember Jo doing this. I'm not sure how you did 5 three kidos might put me under the table. I was sitting on ziplocks as I packed thinking of all the packing I did for Mootz. I should be better about visiting. Oh how I love her and miss her. Every time I "straighten out" a curve in Logan canyon and doing so many other things I think of her. Give her an extra squeeze for me!