Thursday, September 25, 2014

BOISE OR BUST!

I just arrived home from a week in Boise with the Bob Rich family.  Bob completed his prosthetics and orthotics residency in California and found employment in Boise where they have bought a cute home that Sara and I had fun adding a few little decorative touches to.
The day I arrived was a bit traumatic, as Sara had just found out she was pregnant with a rare set of twins called 'mono mono twins'!  Their survival rate is about 50-50 and as of today, it looks as though they don't think they have survived.  Sara is a rock and Bob is such comfort.  They are wonderful parents and I'm sure the Lord is looking out for their best interests, as this pregnancy would be tenuous and very stressful, not knowing what the outcome would be.  I so admire all of my children for their faith and positive outlook on life.
Marianne also had an early miscarriage this past week and we marked the 6th anniversary of our darling Jack's death as well.  Life is hard but we feel so blessed to have the Gospel and know that someday, all will make sense and be well.

You can see in pictures below that we had great fun with the Boise Riches.  Duncan and Charlie play so well together, and I may have introduced them to their first taste of 'coke'....I know!!!  Honey spoils again!  I love their new home..it's just right for them and they have a beautiful landscaped and fenced yard for the boys to play in.  Soon their will be more little footprints covering their lawn, as I know they will be blessed.
Marianne is off with Lance to Las Vegas today for a much needed break after her hard week.  Her birthday is Monday and they'll meet Pat, Anna-Lisa and kids and me and Livie and Tyson in St. George on the way home.  They are a great couple and I know they will also be blessed with more darlings like Olivia and Tyson.  Ben and Whitney have been working on their cute home again and have made some nice changes to the kitchen.  Ben continues to be a little frustrated with all the meetings a ward executive secretary has to attend, but he is learning and growing.  Sammie, Mason, Lulu and Chance all seem to be thriving and growing well.  Pat continues to work hard for IHC and Anna-Lisa has her hands full with little Daphne (who just had her 1st birthday) and Millie.  They are darling little girls and I'm excited to spend a little time with them in St. George this weekend.  Coby and Tif are off to Bear lake with the boys and their friends for a couple of days.  Corbin and Jaden are both in school and Cole is starting to be so fun!  Coby has been putting in alot of time with his company, Property Solutions, and just did a fun presentation for their summit at Deer Valley.  Tif is volunteering at the boys schools and keeps busy.  I think they are hoping to add to their family - one more time - this next year.  So, it seems we will keep growing in numbers.  

I surely miss my Jim.  My car had a major breakdown after I got home from Boise and I NEEDED him.  I always NEED him.  He was always a calming presence and the voice of reason.  It's amazing how much I miss just bouncing things off of him to get his reaction.
I know he is busy watching over us (a big job) and preparing our heavenly home but I sure do wish he could have hung around a lot longer.  I might have already mentioned that The Dennis Group had their annual Jim Rich Memorial Bike Ride and picnic the end of August in Millcreek Canyon.  They are so kind to do this for Jim and our family.  Coby, Ben and Pat and Uncle Rob (Best Buddy) rode the trail and the rest of us enjoyed a wonderful picnic.

On to Autumn and soon -  Christmas!!!!!  The days are going by too quickly.  Here's to SLOWING the GO, ENJOYING each moment and.....keeping the FAITH!

1 comment:

Sara Lou said...

I'm so glad you were there that week. That was by far the hardest time and it helped to have things to think about and do with you! Hopefully every trip here isn't quite as intense though. Love ya!