Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Thank you

From Coby today:

Dear friends, family and loved ones.  It is with great sadness that we morn the passing of our beloved father, friend and husband.  Dad passed away peacefully last night surrounded by his beloved wife, his 4 sons and his daughter.  He fought a good fight, he finished his course and he kept the faith.  We take joy in the fact that we are eternally bound and that he is free from the prison in which he has been living these many months.  We appreciate all the love, prayers, and wishes on our behalf.  We would like to take today to be with family, but would welcome friends and well-wishers to visit later on in the week.  We are planning the funeral services for this coming Saturday and will let everyone know the details when they are finalized.  Please know that we love each of you and have genuinely felt the love and prayers on our behalf.  Thank you for being part of dad and our lives.

The Rich Family

7 comments:

Alesa said...

WE love you Rich family!!! -Alesa Shelby

Butler Family said...

I am so sad to hear this news. My heart is with his family, I know the world was better with Jim in it. I will be forever amazed at the strength and faith displayed during this struggle by Jim, his beautiful wife, and the rest of his family. God bless you.

Butler Family said...

And let me add that my respect for Jim as an engineer never faultered. He was the go to guy in the office. "Jim will know or if he doesn't he will find out and it will be right" was the word. Brilliant at math and reasoning, in truth I shouldn't have been amazed at his strength, I should of realized that it was just the way he was.

Unknown said...

I will greatly miss Jim as a friend and co-worker. I echo Rod B's comments, even after Jim had retired I would catch myself starting to go see Jim to get his take on an issue. I wlll miss the "adventures with Jim" for road trips and lunch excursions.

Anonymous said...

Jim was a thoughtful, kind and wonderful man. All the superlative adjectives that one can imagine Jim was. I met Jim at Schreiber and he touched my life like he touched everyone. He will truly be missed. My prayers are for him and his family.

allisoncrn said...

Dear Joanne and family,
Dave and I are so saddened to hear of Jim's passing! What a guy!! He will NEVER be forgotten!

We are so impressed, however, with the love and care that you and the kids gave Jim. Such Christ-like love !

You, Joanne, reached and grew so much during the progression of the disease. I guess when we let The Lord lessen our burdens and let Him in, we can survive almost anything!

Please let us know if we can be of some help.
All our love,
Allison and Dave

Mindy said...

Sweet Rich family!!! I love each of you so much! You are all in our hearts and prayers. LOVE that you all had such a spiritual high and family high during Easter - with ALL of you together. When I told Kerry about Jim, he just wept - he said Jim was the most welcoming, loving "normal" member of our crazy JEMCO clan and when he came in as a new "outlaw", he was grateful for Jim's loving self. YOU ARE ALL a beatiful testament and living legacy of Jim's' goodness. All my love! Mindy